Friday, April 18, 2008

Postcards from around the World (wide web)

Wow, so this was an interesting unit. I understand the concept but don't think this would be something I would use in my daily life. One of the articles compared Twitter to the "Status Updates" on Facebook. As a Facebook user myself, checking the status of everyone is one of the first and favorite things I do and I am always amazed at how a few words can fill you in on what's going on in a person's life. Speaking of the status, I would call somebody and then start telling them something and they would say something to the effect "yeah I saw that on your Facebook" or someone would call me and start the conversation with "So I saw on your status today that...". Amazing how a few words can make you feel so connected!

As far as Twitter and Tumblr, I really just don't think I would care enough to constantly get status updates of people while I'm on the go. I don't even like having a cell phone, let alone constantly be getting messages on it telling me what my friend had for lunch or that so-and-so is in their car driving. I've got to many other things to worry about during my day and cluttering it with minute details is something I just don't need. I think it would stress me out rather than inform me! Logging into my Facebook account once a day and getting status updates is enough for me.

No comments: